venerdì 16 ottobre 2015

V Praze.

Here we are, v Praze, day... 24. Already? Is it possible? This city is magic, it's a tremendous source of amazement and ispiration, not to mention a hotbed of events, exhibitions, concerts, initiatives and encounters... So yes, of course time flies most of the time, čas utiká... I decided to open this blog not because I'm planning to write a meticulous reportage of my stay here, but to write down some impressions of mine that I don't want to lose... And I guess to have a retrospective for later, when this will be over- it feels like I've been here forever and now it represents the ordinary, the everyday life, but I know well it's just a temporary, deceptive feeling.
So what about this city and the people who inhabit it?
I love the women, here. Not only they are beautiful (their beautiful facial features! their delicate mouths and noses! their perfect complexion! their tidy hair! their elegant figures!), I feel like they keep their chin up. No matter what is happening or what is their mood, they look fierce, I feel like they want to look the best, not for the others, not to stand out but for them... They can do more with less. They don't need to overdress or to buy a ton of stuff they won't use. They use logic. But at the same time, it doesn't make them superficial- it is clear that they care about important stuff. But they don't neglect themselves either. And they fucking eat clean! They attach a lot of importance to organic food, they eat a lot of vegetables and fruit and they tend not to overeat. Like, okay, food is good but is not a priority.
And the people here READ. Yes, if you take the metro in Milan you'll also meet a bunch of people reading, but I swear it's not the same. Here they read even waiting for the metro... And you don't see a thousand people all looking at their navels, ops, smartphones. You mostly encounter people who use them to listen to music. People actually wait for the tram and look around, or think, or talk, or listen to music... They're not focused on their phones. Wow. And at the restaurant? I go mostly to vegetarian restaurant which work as canteens, and there are always many people having lunch alone. But they're not looking at their facebook while they eat, they don't speak at the phone (by the way, this is often forbidden). They just eat! And read, sometimes. Yes, because in a lot of places you'll find newspapers and magazines for everybody.
I feel like this place is still safe, not poisoned yet...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento